Sunday, February 7, 2010

For the Love of Food...

So, one of my goals this year is to improve my cooking skills. I feel like I have done a pretty good job so far but, I feel like I need to be more committed to the process. I have actually cooked more new recipes over the holidays and this new year than I probably ever have. I have found out that I really enjoy cooking and, I am not that bad at it. It is a really great way to save money (if you don't go too extreme with your recipes...which trust me, I don't). One of my best recipes that I have made recently was White Chocolate Oreo Cream Cheese balls. I did these for Jesse's family Christmas gathering and I also made some for gifts for some of my family. They are so easy and are a great holiday treat. I also recently made cupcakes (before you get excited...they were from a box) and, I got some remarks that they looked professional (you can imagine my thrill...they were iced and sprinkled with hearts). In terms of dinner I haven't really tried that many new recipes. I usually stick to easy dinners like tacos, spaghetti, and hot dogs. Honestly, though, Jesse and I are beginning to get REALLY bored with these dinner selections. My problem is that I get really excited about cooking new things and then I overwhelm myself so I don't cook anything at all and then we eat out and spend money that we don't need to spend and you can see how ths vicious cycle begins (and continues). So, I am now trying a new approach...I am shooting for ONE NEW RECIPE A WEEK! Surely, I can manage this. This week, the new recipe I am trying is fried rice! Maybe blogging my committment will actually help me stick to it. I hope so! I'll report back...

No comments:

Post a Comment