Friday, July 17, 2009

Reflecting and Refreshing...

I have not blogged in a few days and I have been thinking about whether or not I really have anything significant to blog about. As I sit here tonight, I realize just how much my life needs some refreshing. I am so thankful that when I feel low and like I need some inspiration I have God's love and guidance. It makes realize how much I need God for direction in my life. Tonight, I am reminded that I am a child of God and that he has me in his care at all times. Moving to Hattiesburg is a BIG change in my life. However, I know that this is where God wants me to be and the fact that he has really blessed me to be here confirms that for me. It has been a difficult change but, I try to keep concentrating on God's plan for me here. In reflection, I am realizing that maybe God wanted to challenge me because, I feel certain that he has plans for my future here (Jeremiah 29:11). I am trying to open my mind and heart to what God has in store for me here. I have so much to be thankful for in my life and really should remember not to underestimate the power God and the scriptures. Sometimes it just takes me sitting down, being still and quiet, to realize the unmeasurable love and power of God (Psalms 46:10).

These are just some of my reflections tonight. These verses are helping me to call upon God for my strength and to feel his presence in my life where I am right now.

-"But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart."
Luke 2:19

-"I will offer to You the sacrifice of thanksgiving, And will call upon th name of the Lord."
Psalms 116:17

-"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31

-"To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven."
Ecclesiastes 3:1


1 comment:

  1. Marie...what a great testimony of faith! I know it is hard to trust the Lord...especially in those "in between" times, but stay strong in your faith and you will NEVER be disappointed. Remember, HE can do more than we could ever imagine or even know to ask for! I will keep you in my prayers and pray for peace, comfort (as you are away from your family) and a defining purpose. xoxo Amy

    ReplyDelete